Being assertive is being able to express yourself with confidence without having to resort to passive, aggressive or manipulative behaviour. By developing assertiveness and becoming aware of our own strengths and weaknesses, we can modify our behaviour for greater effectiveness in social and business interactions.
This course will provide guidance on how to become more assertive and build self-confidence, which will in turn help to achieve greater work effectiveness and productivity, whilst controlling daily activities and overcoming stressful work and life situations.
At this end of this assertiveness in action training course your participants will be able to:
• Explain what assertiveness is and what it means for us and those around us
• Appreciate that everyone as rights as an individual and that you can stand by those rights
• Take a positive approach in communicating more effectively
• Improve self esteem
• Appreciate which words to use to get the most out of interactions with others
• Follow a set process for approaching situations in an assertive manner
This is a one day Management course. It can be delivered in your workplace or at our training suites just outside of Stockport.