This training course provides learners with the skills and knowledge required to provide nutritionally balanced choices to children, young people and adults and support people to make informed choices about food, nutrition and hydration.
The course considers the components of nutrition and hydration including energy types, fats, protein, vitamins and minerals, and how to plan meals which provide balanced nutrition and create informed choices for children, young people and adults.
The aims of this training course are for learners to;
• Understand what is meant by the terms ‘nutrition’ and ‘hydration’
• Understand the types of energy sources, fats, carbohydrates, protein, vitamins and minerals and their effects
• Understand the changing nutritional needs of children, young people and adults throughout their lives
• Understand the health issues relating to eating disorders, obesity and alcohol
• Understand the relevant government guidance about nutrition and hydration
This half day awareness course can be delivered in your workplace or at our training suites near Stockport.