Successful recruitment results from a well planned and effectively managed interviewing process. Making a poor recruitment decision can be a costly mistake and potentially affect productivity and team morale. Therefore it is essential that good interviewing skills and techniques are learnt and practiced. This course is designed to enable delegates to prepare and conduct professional recruitment interviews in line with current legislation and equality guidelines.
By the end of the course participants will:
• Be knowledgeable on current legislation and Codes of Practice in relation to recruitment
• Understand the importance of recruitment documentation – job descriptions, personnel specifications, short listing matrixes etc
• Have a checklist of preparatory actions to be undertaken before any interview.
• Know how to compile effective questions – and what questions not to ask
• Be able to structure a recruitment interview and use confident interview skills – questioning, listening and note taking
• How to close an interview and the follow up process
Who should attend?
This course is a must for anyone who conducts recruitment interviews or would like to interview with more confidence. It is also ideal as a refresher for those whose original training may have been some time ago.