Duration – One day
The transition period from being a team member to that of a team leader or supervisor can be difficult. The supervisor or manager needs to be able to cope with the problems and complexities of their role and have essential skills and behaviours required to be able to communicate, motivate, build trust and lead with confidence and authority.
As a result of attending this course, delegates will be able to:
• Understand the role and responsibilities of managing others
• Have practical tips on making the transition to team leader / supervisor / manager
• Develop their communication skills to increase the effectiveness of upward, downward and lateral communication
• Be able to delegate – what (and what not) to delegate and how to do it effectively
• Deal with difficult employees – practical strategies for dealing with difficult behaviours
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for Supervisors, Team Leaders or first-line managers who need to be equipped with a strong foundation to get the best from the people they manage.