CERTIFIED ISO 22301 BCMS LEAD AUDITOR (ISO22301-LA)
MASTERING THE IMPLEMENTATION AND MANAGEMENT OF A BUSINESS CONTINUITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (BCMS) BASED ON ISO 22301
See course description and our complete course schedule on our website at : http://www.continuitylink.com/public/en/training.php?id=iso22301-la.
This five-day intensive course enables the participants to develop the needed expertise to audit a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS), and manage a team of auditors by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures and techniques. During this training, the participants will acquire the needed knowledge and skills to proficiently plan and perform internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011 and certification audits according to ISO 17021. Based on practical exercises, the participants will develop the skills (mastering audit techniques) and competencies (managing audit teams and audit program, communicating with customers, conflict resolution) necessary for efficient conduct of an audit.
This training is compatible with BS 25999 audit (Business continuity management specification) and ISO 27031 (Guidelines for information and communication technology readiness for business continuity).
– Internal auditors and auditors wanting to perform and lead BCMS certification audits
– Project managers or consultants wanting to master the BCMS audit process
– Individuals responsible for Business Continuity or conformity in an organization
– Members of a Business Continuity team
– Expert advisors in information technology
– Technical experts wanting to prepare for a Business Continuity audit function
Delivery and duration
- Week days: 5 consecutive days (traditional), including the Certification exam on the morning of the last day.
- Introduction to management systems and the process approach
- Presentation of the standards ISO 22301, ISO/PAS 22399, ISO 27031, BS 25999 and regulatory framework
- Fundamental principles of Business continuity
- Preliminary analysis and determining the level of maturity of the existing BCMS based upon ISO 21827
- Writing a business case and a project plan for the implementation of a BCMS
- Definition of the scope of a BCMS
- Development of a BCMS and business continuity policies
- Business impact analysis (BIA) and risk assessment
- Implementation of a document management framework
- Design and implementation of Business Continuity processes and writing procedures
- Development of a training & awareness program and communicating about the BCMS
- Incident management and emergency management
- Operations management of a BCMS
- Monitoring BCMS processes
- Development of metrics, performance indicators and dashboards
- Internal audit and management review of a BCMS
- Implementation of a continual improvement program
- Preparing for an ISO 22301 certification audit
- Duration: 3 hours
Weekends: 4 days over 2 consecutive weekends (condensed), including the Certification exam on the afternoon of the last day.
In-house: 5 days. Your location, your date ! Contact us to organize your in-house training.
Self-Training: Learn at your own speed and on your own schedule ! Click here for details.
– To acquire the expertise of performing an ISO 22301 or BS 25999 internal audit, following the ISO 19011 guidelines
– To acquire the expertise of performing an ISO 22301 or BS 25999 certification audit, following the ISO 19011 guidelines and the specifications of ISO 17021
– To acquire the expertise necessary for managing a BCMS audit team
– To understand the operation of the BCMS in accordance with ISO 22301, ISO 27031 or BS 25999
– To understand the relationship between a Business Continuity Management System, including risk management, controls, the relationship & the compliance with the other requirements
– Certification fees are included in the exam price
– Participant manual contains over 450 pages of information and practical examples
– A participation certificate of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued to the participants
– In case of failure of the exam, participants are allowed to retake it for free under certain conditions
Examination and Certification
The “Certified ISO 22301 Lead Auditor” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
– Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts in Business Continuity
– Domain 2: Business Continuity Management System (BCMS)
– Domain 3: Fundamental Audit Concepts and Principles
– Domain 4: Preparation of an ISO 22301 audit
– Domain 5: Conduct of an ISO 22301 audit
– Domain 6: Conclusion and follow-up of an ISO 22301 audit
– Domain 7: Management of an ISO 22301 audit program
The “Certified ISO 22301 Lead Auditor” exam is available in different languages, including English, French, Spanish and Portuguese.
For more information about the exam, refer to PECB section on ISO 22301 Lead Auditor Exam
After successfully completing the exam, participants can apply for the credentials of Certified ISO 22301 Provisional Auditor, Certified ISO 22301 Auditor or Certified ISO 22301 Lead Auditor, depending on their level of experience. Those credentials are available for internal and external auditors.
A certificate will be issued to participants who successfully passed the exam and comply with all the other requirements related to the selected credential.
For more information about ISO 22301 certifications and PECB certification process, refer to PECB section on ISO 22301 Lead Auditor.