CERTIFIED ISO 27001 ISMS LEAD AUDITOR (ISO27001-LA)
MASTERING THE AUDIT OF AN INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (ISMS) BASED ON ISO 27001
See course description and our complete course schedule on our website at : http://www.continuitylink.com/public/en/training.php?id=iso27001-la.
This five-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise to audit an Information Security Management System (ISMS) and to manage a team of auditors by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures and techniques.
During this training, the participants will acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to proficiently plan and perform internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011 the certification process according to ISO 17021. Based on practical exercises, the participants will develop the skills (mastering audit techniques) and competencies (managing audit teams and audit program, communicating with customers, conflict resolution, etc.) necessary to efficiently conduct an audit.
– Internal auditors
– Auditors wanting to perform and lead Information Security Management System (ISMS) certification audits
– Project managers or consultants wanting to master the Information Security Management System audit process
– CxO and Senior Managers responsible for the IT governance of an enterprise and the management of its risks
– Members of an information security team
– Technical experts wanting to prepare for an Information security audit function
Delivery and duration
- – Week days: 5 consecutive days (traditional), including the Certification exam on the morning of the last day.
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of information security
- Domain 2: Information Security Management System (ISMS)
- Domain 3: Fundamental audit concepts and principles
- Domain 4: Preparation of an ISO 27001 audit
- Domain 5: Conducting an ISO 27001 audit
- Domain 6: Closing an ISO 27001 audit
- Domain 7: Managing an ISO 27001 audit program
- Normative, regulatory and legal framework related to information security
- Fundamental principles of information security
- ISO 27001 certification process
- Detailed presentation of the clauses 4 to 8 of ISO 27001
- Fundamental audit concepts and principles
- Audit approach based on evidence and on risk
- Preparation of an ISO 27001 certification audit
- ISMS documentation audit
- Communication during the audit
- Audit procedures: observation, document review, interview, sampling techniques, technical verification, corroboration and evaluation
- Audit test plans
- Formulation of audit findings and documenting non-conformities
- Audit documentation
- Conducting a closing meeting and conclusion of an ISO 27001 audit
- Evaluation of corrective action plans
- ISO 27001 Surveillance audit and Internal audit management program
- Duration: 3 hours
– Weekends: 4 days over 2 consecutive weekends (condensed), including the Certification exam on the afternoon of the last day.
– In-house: 5 days. Your location, your date ! Contact us to organize your in-house training.
– Self-Training: Learn at your own speed and on your own schedule ! Click here for details.
– Acquire the expertise to perform an ISO 27001 internal audit following ISO 19011 guidelines
– Acquire the expertise to perform an ISO 27001 certification audit following ISO 19011 guidelines and the specifications of ISO 17021 and ISO 27006
– Acquire the necessary expertise to manage an ISMS audit team
– Understand the operation of an ISO 27001 conformant information security management system
– Understand the relationship between an Information Security Management System, including risk management, controls and compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of the organization
– Improve the ability to analyze the internal and external environment of an organization, its risk assessment and audit decision-making
– Certification fees are included in the exam price
– Participant manual contains over 450 pages of information and practical examples
– A participation certificate of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued to the participants
– In case of failure of the exam, participants are allowed to retake it for free under certain conditions
Examination and Certification
The “Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
The “Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor” exam is available in different languages (the complete list of languages can be found in the examination application form)
For more information about the exam, refer to PECB section on ISO 27001 Lead Auditor Exam
After successfully completing the exam, participants can apply for the credentials of Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Provisional Auditor, Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Auditor or Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor depending on their level of experience.
A certificate will be issued to participants who successfully pass the exam and comply with all the other requirements related to the selected credential
For more information about ISO 27001 certifications and PECB certification process, refer to PECB section on ISO 27001 Lead Auditor