CERTIFIED ISO 27001 ISMS LEAD IMPLEMENTER (ISO27001-LI)
MASTERING THE IMPLEMENTATION AND MANAGEMENT OF AN INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (ISMS) BASED ON ISO 27001
See course description and our complete course schedule on our website at : http://www.continuitylink.com/public/en/training.php?id=iso27001-li.
This five-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in implementing and managing an Information Security Management System (ISMS) based on ISO 27001:2013. Participants will also gain a thorough understanding of best practices used to implement information security controls from all areas of ISO 27002.
This training is consistent with the project management practices established in ISO 10006 (Quality Management Systems – Guidelines for Quality Management in Projects). This training is also fully compatible with ISO 27003 (Guidelines for the Implementation of an ISMS), ISO 27004 (Measurement of Information Security) and ISO 27005 (Risk Management in Information Security).
– Project managers or consultants wanting to prepare and to support an organization in the implementation of an Information Security Management System (ISMS)
– ISO 27001 auditors who wish to fully understand the Information Security Management System implementation process
– Members of an information security team
– Expert advisers in information technology
– Technical experts wanting to prepare for an information security function or for an ISMS project management function
Delivery and duration
- – Week days: 5 consecutive days (traditional), including the Certification exam on the morning of the last day.
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of information security
- Domain 2: Information security control best practice based on ISO 27002
- Domain 3: Planning an ISMS based on ISO 27001
- Domain 4: Implementing an ISMS based on ISO 27001
- Domain 5: Performance evaluation, monitoring and measurement of an ISMS based on ISO 27001
- Domain 6: Continual improvement of an ISMS based on ISO 27001
- Domain 7: Preparing for an ISMS certification audit
- Introduction to management systems and the process approach
- Presentation of the ISO 27000 standards series with the normative, legal and regulatory framework
- Fundamental principles of Information Security
- Preliminary analysis and establishment of the level of the maturity level of an existing information security management system based on ISO 21827
- Writing a business case and a project plan for the implementation of an ISMS
- Defining the scope of an ISMS
- Development of an ISMS and information security policies
- Selection of the approach and methodology for risk assessment
- Risk management: identification, analysis and treatment of risk (drawing on guidance from ISO 27005)
- Drafting the Statement of Applicability
- Implementation of a document management framework
- Design and implementation of controls
- Development of a training & awareness program and communicating about the information security
- Incident management (based on guidance from ISO 27035)
- Operations management of an ISMS
- Controlling the ISMS
- Development of metrics, performance indicators and dashboards in accordance with ISO 27004
- ISO 27001 internal Audit
- Management review of an ISMS
- Implementation of a continual improvement program
- Preparing for an ISO 27001 certification audit
- Duration: 3 hours
– Weekends: 4 days over 2 consecutive weekends (condensed), including the Certification exam on the afternoon of the last day.
– In-house: 5 days. Your location, your date ! Contact us to organize your in-house training.
– Self-Training: Learn at your own speed and on your own schedule ! Click here for details.
– Understand the implementation of an Information Security Management System in accordance with ISO 27001
– Gain a comprehensive understanding of the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques required for the effective management of an Information Security Management System
– Acquire the necessary expertise to support an organization in implementing, managing and maintaining an ISMS as specified in ISO 27001
– Acquire the necessary expertise to manage a team implementing ISO 27001
– Develop the knowledge and skills required to advise organizations on best practices in the management of information security
– Improve the capacity for analysis and decision making in the context of information security management
– Certification fees are included in the exam price
– Participant manual contains over 450 pages of information and practical examples
– A participation certificate of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued to the participants
– In case of failure of the exam, participants are allowed to retake it for free under certain conditions
Examination and Certification
The “Certified ISO 27001 Lead Implementer” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
The “Certified ISO 27001 Lead Implementer” exam is available in different languages (the complete list of languages can be found in the examination application form).
For more information about the exam, refer to PECB section on ISO 27001 Lead Implementer Exam.
After successfully completing the exam, participants can apply for the credentials of Certified ISO 27001 Provisional Implementer, Certified ISO 27001 Implementer or Certified ISO 27001 Lead Implementer, depending on their level of experience.
A certificate will be issued to participants who successfully pass the exam and comply with all the other requirements related to the selected credential.
For more information about ISO 27001 certifications and PECB certification process, refer to PECB section on ISO 27001 Lead Implementer.