Duration – Half day
Employers have a duty to ensure that employees are made aware of any hazardous substances to which they may be exposed to at work. Some of these substances can be dangerous to health and can cause serious harm. This course will prepare employees to contribute to the safer use of hazardous substances in their workplaces.
By the end of this course, participants will have a clear understanding of:
• An outline of COSHH Regulations
• The legal requirements
• Employers duties
• Employees responsibilities
• Definition and types of substances hazardous to health in the workplace
• Health effects of hazardous substances and their causes
• Risk assessment and control measures
• Controlling the risk
• Emergency Procedures
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for all those with responsibility for using, handling, transporting and storing hazardous substances.