Duration – One day
Meetings are an essential part of every business. A poorly planned meeting can lead to time wasting and can become boring and on the other hand, a well planned meeting can ensure that everyone involved feels they have contributed and agreed actions that were laid out at the meeting. This course is designed for those who want to be more efficient and professional when attending meetings in the workplace.
By the end of this course, each delegate should understand the following:
• The cost of meetings
• Identify the barriers to meetings in our organisation
• The benefits to be gained
Course objectives and introductions
Preparations for a Meeting
• Drawing up an agenda – the structure for the meeting
• The function of purpose statements
• Practical considerations – attendees and environment etc
• The role of the Chairperson
• Preparation required by the Chairperson
• The skills of processing, using statements, questions and summarising
• Keeping control of the meeting
• The role of participants
• How to state your case at a meeting
Problem people and situations
• How to deal with problem people during a meeting
• Strategies for dealing with difficult situations
• An opportunity to run a meeting putting all the theory into practise
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for anyone who chairs, organises or attends face to face meetings within their organisation or with clients and suppliers.