Workshop Title: Presentation Skills – Developing a Professional Presenting style.
To provide learners with the necessary competencies and confidence to enable them to prepare for and deliver information professionally and effectively to both internal and external end users and customers.
By the end of the workshop learners will be able to:
• Understand the Purpose of Presentations
• State the key steps to effective preparation and delivery
• Manage their audience
• Manage their nerves
• Improve their ability to deliver compelling presentations through understanding a range of practical tools and techniques to aid public speaking
• Tutor and delegate introductions
• Agreement on format and style for the day
• Key Steps to Public speaking
• The basics of Effective Communication – Avoiding the barriers
• Benefits for the speaker
• Clarifying the purpose: Tell/Sell/Impel
• Key Preparation methods and structure
• 5 Key Planning Steps to Effective Presentations
• Understanding the key ‘Platform Skills’
• Developing Empathy and Rapport
• Managing Your Audience – Managing Nerves
• Making best use of the visual aids
• Skills Practise and feedback
• Completion of Learning Logs
• Workshop review and evaluation
Duration: 2.0 days
Pre Course activity: There is a requirement that learners come prepared to deliver a 10-15 minute presentation on day 2.
Post Course activity: Learners should book an appointment with their line manager to discuss what they have learnt and how they will apply the learning on return to the workplace.
1. Day 1 learning the key skills, day 2 delivery and critique of presentations
2. Delegate numbers are limited to 10 to ensure time for skills practice