Duration – One day
Receptionists are key members of the team in any organisation. Their role is crucial because they are usually the first point of contact and they create the first impression. They can influence whether or not callers favour your company and whether or not they will return.
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
• Understand the role of the receptionist
• Know the general telephone skills and techniques
• Understand the professional handling of incoming calls and the greeting message
• How to portray a professional image, appearance and behaviour
• Understand the communication skills required for telephone, client and face-to-face interaction
• Understand the effective questioning techniques to maintain customer care
• How to handle irate customers, the tips and tactics
• Develop a professional telephone manner
• Gain confidence in dealing with different types of people on the telephone and face to face
Who should attend?
This course is perfectly suited to new and existing receptionists, secretaries or administrators. It is also ideal for anyone who is greeting or dealing with customers either on your premises or via the telephone.